Thursday, 28 June
2012
| The Eye and Big Ben |
Thursday was a bittersweet day for me. I took my last exam,
which meant I was done with the school portion of living in London. But with
that meant that my time in London was drawing to an end. That reality began to
settle in as I spent the rest of my day packing up all the things I brought
with me and all the things I’ve accumulated over the past six weeks. I have no
idea how I’m getting everything home because I have so much stuff! But that’s a
problem for another day. After I finished packing everything, I took my
suitcases downstairs so that they could be put in storage, where they’ll stay
while I travel around Spain and Italy for ten days. Without all my stuff in it,
my side of the room was pretty sparse – just my little suitcase with stuff for
the next ten days.
| The London Eye |
Once that was done and we’d eaten dinner, my little group
decided to go to dessert together. The four of us established a kind of
tradition while we were in London – probably once a week, we went out to get
tea and cake or crepes. We even had a “place.” Pompidou, a little French
restaurant just off Piccadilly Circus, had wonderful Nutella crepes, which we
all loved. But Thursday, we all decided on cake, so we went to a place that a
few people had found the day before. We all had delicious cake and tea. It was
great getting to spend the last night with my little group, the people I’ve
spent the most time with over the past six weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment